thank God I found this forum.
I really need help. I'm getting married this June 2011 and will submit church requirements in a week!
church requirements are: NSO BC, marriage license, baptismal and confirmation cert.
we got our baptismal and confirmation cert, NSO birth cert, CENOMAR and applied for marriage license.
1. my fiance's BC - father's name doesnt have JR. but his father has JR, uses JR for driver's license, passport and other docs.
2. my fiance's Baptismal cert and confirmation cert and CENOMAR - father's name includes JR.
3. Marriage License - civil registrar did not add JR since they followed what's on my fiance's BC.
1. what shall we follow? no JR in last name since BC of fiance shows no JR in father's name OR follow JR since baptismal, confirmation cert and his father's docs has JR (we haven't check what shows on his dad's BC yet since authenticated NSO BC missing due to Ondoy flood)
2. what shall we do to correct error in his father's name?? does JR in father's name important??
3. once we apply for Marriage Cert - do we have to follow father's name on my fiance's BC or baptismal/confirmation? will this cause a problem in the future if his father's name in BC and Marriage license details not the same?
**I asked a lawyer about this. her answers are not clear. she said..follow what's on BC of fiance. after few minutes..she texted me and said..if father's BC has JR, use JR on marriage cert.
I'm confused! pls help!! I need answers so we can take actions!