Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

problem with father's name on BC and baptisam - w/ JR and w/o JR

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

thank God I found this forum.

I really need help. I'm getting married this June 2011 and will submit church requirements in a week!

church requirements are: NSO BC, marriage license, baptismal and confirmation cert.

we got our baptismal and confirmation cert, NSO birth cert, CENOMAR and applied for marriage license.

problem is..on:
1. my fiance's BC - father's name doesnt have JR. but his father has JR, uses JR for driver's license, passport and other docs.

2. my fiance's Baptismal cert and confirmation cert and CENOMAR - father's name includes JR.

3. Marriage License - civil registrar did not add JR since they followed what's on my fiance's BC.


1. what shall we follow? no JR in last name since BC of fiance shows no JR in father's name OR follow JR since baptismal, confirmation cert and his father's docs has JR (we haven't check what shows on his dad's BC yet since authenticated NSO BC missing due to Ondoy flood)

2. what shall we do to correct error in his father's name?? does JR in father's name important??

3. once we apply for Marriage Cert - do we have to follow father's name on my fiance's BC or baptismal/confirmation? will this cause a problem in the future if his father's name in BC and Marriage license details not the same?

**I asked a lawyer about this. her answers are not clear. she said..follow what's on BC of fiance. after few minutes..she texted me and said..if father's BC has JR, use JR on marriage cert.

I'm confused! pls help!! I need answers so we can take actions!


View user profile


1) always follow the birth certificate of the father. only when they question it (which i doubt) should you do anything about it. request a copy now from NSO.

2) i would leave it alone unless it's questioned, but if you really wish to correct it, then a court petition is required. the way i read art. 372 of the civil code, i don't think it's required to be placed on the birth certificate.

better just get a copy of his BC from Nso, and follow that name.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum