Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

conjugal case?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 conjugal case? on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 am

ass888

Arresto Menor
greetings!
i wanna ask if mortgage loan is conjugal. i got married to a US immigrant and now citizen in 1995 when she spent vacation here but we never lived as couple. after few years, we got separated and stopped communicating each other but we're not yet annulled. in early 2000s i inherited a property lot from my parents,actually the process was done through sale from my mother since my father is already dead. in mid 2000s i decide to mortgage the property to a private person that up to now i still enable to redeem. In the deed of mortgage that we executed i was stated as single. now my questions are:

1.) is she also liable to the mortgage loan i made if the mortgagee enforce me to pay the loan? because they want to include her in the complain since they know that she has the capacity to pay?

2.) if i will go for annulment how much would be the cheapest estimated amount needed and how long will it take? i am planning to save money for the annulment since i am already with another girl and with 2 kids.

Thank you in advance...

View user profile

2 Re: conjugal case? on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:34 pm

attyLLL

she will be liable if they can prove that the proceeds of the loan was used for the benefit of the family.

your first problem is whether there is a ground that exists to nullify your marriage. cost will depend on which lawyer you retain and what ground is used as basis.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: conjugal case? on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 pm

ass888

Arresto Menor
-i was only 20y.o. when we got married & without my parents consent.
-we got married but we never lived together as couple since she lives in the US and i'm here.
-we got married in 1994, but just few months after our relationship got rough and never communicated with each other anymore.
-she never came back in the country for 5years after the marriage.

those are the things that i think would be basis to provide ground for annulment of our marriage.
i heard that most of the annulment cases used psychological incapacity.
atty, can you please give me rough idea of the amount needed in processing annulment(from the cheapest-expensive rate)...thank you!

View user profile

4 Re: conjugal case? on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:56 pm

attyLLL

the parent consent expired when you reached 26. not living together is not necessarily a ground unless you say you never had intercourse.

how about checking if she already divorced you? if she was a foreign citizen when she filed the petition, then your remedy would be to file a petition here for recognition.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: conjugal case? on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 am

ass888

Arresto Menor
this marriage is really giving me too much trouble...
she was just an immigrant when we got married in manila city hall. according to her when i asked her if there is record of our marriage in US govt office like INS, she replied that there are no records of us in the states coz she did not declare our marriage when she applied for her citizenship. but i dont buy it coz when she went back to phil in dec1999 she kept on insisting to me to come with her in the us embassy so she could process my petition and prior to our separation she offered me petition over and over but i refused it. maybe she said it to trick me coz i will be applying for a c1d US visa next month and i told her about it coz she asked me why i'm asking about it. she knows that if i will feed wrong info to my ds160 i will be denied of visa right away and even permanently. i know that it is impossible for me to get a non-immigrant visa since i am still married to a US resident but i will still try my luck by presenting a strong ties to philippines like my mortgaged property, my daughter and a preggy common law partner and my 73 years old mother. i'm ready though, that if i will be denied for a visa my next move is to file the annulment and just re-apply for visa once the annulment is done. and for the meantime i could request to my company an asian or european route so i could pursue my employment to them.
atty. if you have better idea and experience in us visa application please let me know. thank you so much for your replies and info.

View user profile

6 Re: conjugal case? on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:48 pm

attyLLL

i'm afraid i have no expertise in US immigration law.

View user profile

7 Re: conjugal case? on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:48 am

ass888

Arresto Menor
still, salanat pa din po atty.

View user profile

8 Re: conjugal case? Today at 7:55 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum