Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

length of time to answer a show cause memo

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 length of time to answer a show cause memo on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Arresto Menor
i received a show cause memo and i was given 2 days to answer. i was told that if it can lead to termination i should be given 5 days to answer, and that i should write them a letter. what will i write in my letter as my basis for asking for 3 more days for me to answer the memo?

View user profile

Reclusion Perpetua

I hold that in any administrative hearing, you are entitled to 5 days to prepare your explanation whether or not the case may be for a simple misdemeanor or for a possibly grave offense.

View user profile

while i agree that it is better to give an employee 5 days, a review of the omnibus rules show that it specifically refers to termination cases. better to just answer in 2 days.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Reclusion Perpetua
question to toinks - what's the offense? what's the applicable sanction for the offense?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum