Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demmand Letter from xxxxxTelecom

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Demmand Letter from xxxxxTelecom on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:37 pm

freesmsph

Arresto Menor
I am the owner of the website called [url=Http://frxxxx.com]freesmxxxxxrl], we are offering the free text to all thru web, utilizing the unlimited text promo of three big networks.

We also offer the so called unxxxxt extender, where the system will forward your text message to your identified recipient thru keyword. Unxxxxt Extender doesn't need internet connection coz they can send it to our phonenumber using their phone.

Example, a user is using gloxxxxs, still have free text to GlxxxxxM, and wants to send message to Smxxxxx network for free, he can use the unxxxxxt extender, without a cost, but will be deducted to his number of free text instead of actual load.

EX.
09181234567 hello there!
send to our phonenumber

Once we received the message, we will forward it to 09181234567 using other phone subscribe to xxxxrt network, to make it free for the user, we shoulder the transmission cost.

Glxxxxxcom said that it is illegal, using the term ISMS gateway Bypass ( which i dont understand), and they are losing profit because of our service. Gxxxxxe cut our globe mobile phone and demanding us to pay for the messages we sent Php7,000.

I dont see the point of Gxxxxxxcom because, we are paying for their unlimited text plan, the user is also paying for their own load. We are just utilizing the unlimited text they offer.

I am willing to pay for the P7000 but I need to know if Gxxx is really right about its claim or I need to stand against a giant for my rights?

View user profile

2 Re: Demmand Letter from xxxxxTelecom on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 pm

attyLLL

very interesting question. i would say that this is an unresolved legal question, but I would err on the side of caution. you had a good idea, but you're using their service and facilities and that has an effect of detracting from their business.

the telecom company earns from international text messages, and you are using their own facilities so that they can be bypassed. i think this is what they mean by that legalese term isms bypass.

below is a link to a case. a company had a scheme of rerouting international calls using pldt lines, and offered the cheaper service to the public. pldt filed a case of theft against the company owners, and the court concluded that they could do so.

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2009/jan2009/155076.htm

i thought this was a major win for big business, but the SC has spoken.

i know for a fact that telecom companies monitor forums regarding complaints against them. identifying the company is also not relevant to your question.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Demmand Letter from xxxxxTelecom on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm

tsds

Arresto Menor
sir, ibig sabihin wag siya magbayad 7000pesos? Thanks

View user profile

4 Re: Demmand Letter from xxxxxTelecom on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 pm

attyLLL

that's not what i said.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum