Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ano ang mga i prepare kapag mag claim ng inhiretance ang isang illigitimate child?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Gusto ko lang po magtanong kung anong mga ebidensya na e prepare para mga claim ng mana. my dad died last year at wala siyang last will na ibinilin. ako ay illigitimate at gustong maghabol sa mana ng aking ama. hindi ko ka apilyedo ang dad ko. the only evidence i have is i have pictures na kasama ko ang dad ko. hindi rin naka sign ang dad ko sa birth certificate. may habol pa ba ako?

View user profile


Art. 172. The filiation of legitimate children is established by any of the following:

(1) The record of birth appearing in the civil register or a final judgment; or

(2) An admission of legitimate filiation in a public document or a private handwritten instrument and signed by the parent concerned.

In the absence of the foregoing evidence, the legitimate filiation shall be

proved by:

(1) The open and continuous possession of the status of a legitimate child; or

(2) Any other means allowed by the Rules of Court and special laws.

Art. 175. Illegitimate children may establish their illegitimate filiation in the same way and on the same evidence as legitimate children.

The action must be brought within the same period specified in Article 173, except when the action is based on the second paragraph of Article 172, in which case the action may be brought during the lifetime of the alleged parent.

if he didn't sign the birth certificate, you will have to produce a notarized affidavit of acknowledgment or a document written in his handwriting admitting he is your father. like a letter.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum