Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family property / financial support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Family property / financial support on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day atty,

1: our parents transferred our house&lot property under our names (we're 4 - all in legal ages)more/less 15 years age through deed of sale (not deed of donation).Now,me, my widowed mother and my other 2 siblings' plan to sell the property. Can we do it even without the consent/signature of 1 of us?

2: Another thing, my brother had a daughter to his live-in partner before. Their relationship failed because the girl's having an affair with another guy. They separated with odd terms.She brought with her their, then, 8y/o daughter. My bro gives P3000/mo for the child.
Now,my brother has his own family -2kids- and runs a small by/sell of used cars with 2 low budget cars. While the girl -jobless- lives with her current bf with their child (my niece, now 15y/o is also with them)and renting an apt. My bro now gives P5,000/mo as a financial support. The problem is, the girl keeps on texting and spreading bad rumors about my brother and also our family. My questions are:
1 - Does my brother has a choice to maybe cut the financial support if the girl won't stop doing all those shameful things? or does he have the right to put certain conditions otherwise he won't give the support?
2 - Is 5k not enough because the girl is trying to ask for an additional amount.
3 - Until when should my brother gives the support?
Pls help because my brother is so upset. The girl -together with the daughter with signature in the demand letter- is filing a case to demand for a higher support.
Thank you in advance..

View user profile

2 Re: Family property / financial support on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 pm


1) all the owners must sign to sell the entire property. if not, only the shares of the those who sign will be sold.

2) he must retain proof that he is providing support. 5k is a substantial amount but it all depends on his total income. he should not cut support, but he can give in combination of cash and non-cash, or directly pay for the needs of the child.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum