Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 questions on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm


Arresto Menor
Good morning po.

We run a travel agency business and at one point, a certain runner for our company did not pay the accurate amount to the hotel and defrauded the bank deposit slip. But we could no longer track the person so we are faced with this responsibility. it was lacking Php 100k po. pretty big amount.

I contacted them before after a week of the missing money and told them I will pay it since responsabiliy ko yun. But they woudnt answer my calls or text messages .. sinasabi nalang nila they will see me in court.

Now I live with my husband in Luzon while the travel agency is in the visayas. My mother works for the government the visayas and she said there was currently a subpoena issued under my name for this case to settle the amount on April 14, 2011. She did not sign for the subpoena to be recieved because I wasnt there in the visayas. She freaked out and i told her i will fix it. There's really no time to keep pointing fingers, kung who's at fault or what not. gusto ko lang matapos tong issue.

I contacted the lawyer of the other party and he informed me to call the hotel and pay the amount. I called the hotel and informed them we really want to settle the amount and I want to go there personally by April 18, 2011. Pero the hotel management told me that it's too late because the settlement has been filed at the fiscal's office so it's really only until the 14th.

I'm not sure I will have enough money to pay them since they want me to pay the attorney's fees also that's why I would really like to see the management personally and make a plea that we can both agree on. I was hoping i can atleast maybe pay it at Php20,000/month until it's all gone.

Please help. I'm not sure if the subpoena is for an estafa case but I can't be back in the visayas until the 18th. Aside from ang mamahal ng tickets, meron ako mga prior engagement. I need a lawyers help. And if you suggest I get a lawyer, can you please help me find one? I'm located in sta rosa laguna.

Thank you and God speed

Last edited by elns143 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : privacy)

View user profile

2 Re: questions on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 am


you can prepare your counter affidavit there and swear before the fiscal's office there then have it couriered to visayas. you can also just have it notarized also, but better if before a fiscal (if they will agree also).

do not fail to provide your counter affidavit. use the falsification done by your runner as your defense, but even better if you had filed a case against him.

keep talking to the lawyer. the hotel will hopefully eventually relent and accept a settlement. you can authorize your mom to sign for you.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum