Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Money lending

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Money lending on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 am

camiguin_48

Arresto Menor
A public school teacher is into money lending. I loaned money from her at five percent per month. The loaned amount was Ten thousand pesos and the amount accumulated to more than thirty five thousand pesos. Is it legal for a public school teacher to enter intomoney lending?

View user profile

2 Re: Money lending on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:43 am

attyLLL

your better defense is that 5% per month is an unconscionable amount of interest and should be reduced.

you can report her to the bsp is you can provide proof of her money lending business.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Where is your conscience? on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 am

rasseljandavid

Arresto Menor
camiguin_48 wrote:A public school teacher is into money lending. I loaned money from her at five percent per month. The loaned amount was Ten thousand pesos and the amount accumulated to more than thirty five thousand pesos. Is it legal for a public school teacher to enter intomoney lending?

For me, in my opinion even a Saint can be a lender. Why are you questioning about her profession? After you used her money for some personal reason? Didn't you think that she also need that money but gave it to you because she thinks that you need it more?

You mentioned that you borrowed 10k and became 35k but you didn't mentioned the time frame. Considering the 5% interest and assuming it is not compounded, you borrowed that money for four years now. We have so called "Inflation" where money decrease value over time and as of today it is 7% per year.

I don't have any relation with the teacher nor with you but hopefully this will open your heart.

View user profile

4 Re: Money lending on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:45 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
I agree with rasse. Also, why you didn’t question the 5% during the time that you are asking for a money. And now you are questioning the legality of his/her business. I am sure that many will agree, but it looks like you are just trying to avoid your obligation. Walang samaan ng loob. Try to be considerate, hindi naman nya siguro pinulot lang yung 10k na pinahiram nya sa iyo at sa palagay ko naman ay pinakinabangan mo din yung pera. Ginawa na nya yung part nya, now it’s time to do yours. Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Money lending Today at 10:21 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum