Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

help: woman and child's right

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 help: woman and child's right on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:15 pm

mom&childrights

Arresto Menor
i will just try to give details/gist of my story because it's quite long:
i married a muslim foreigner in 2008. we married in muslim rites. but he promised my parents that we will convert back to catholic and marry in catholic rites once we were financially settled.
in our 2 years as husband and wife, he was verbally abusing me from the way i look, think,and made me lose my confidence in myself to the point that i was believing he was always right and i was wrong.
he didnt give full financial support to me when i was pregnant. he maltreated me by treating me like his servant.
i discovered in june 2010 that he married another woman and he said he will just live in my house while he has no other place to stay, and will divorce me. he said he will use my marriage contract to him until it's expiration in 2011 so he didnt divorce me yet.
his and his wife continued to harass me thru text messeges, email and even facebook. his second wife bullied me,he hacked my account, she posted my picture in their facebook account and ridiculed me among circle of friends in the time that i was having threatened abortion due to the stress they were giving me. i told them i will sign the divorce papers if they will give them to me and just begged to leave me alone because i want my peace.
he threatened me that he will get my baby because it is his muslim rights but he kept stressing me prior to that that he is not acknowledging my baby as his daughter and did not want my baby to use his surname.
they are now both intimidating, bullying, harassing me, and even going to my office to force me to sign the divorce papers without consulting a lawyer to know my rights.they said we should apply the muslim law on this but i want to know my rights and my daughter's rights because they've been so bad to me even if i have been quiet all the time, and did not even bother them for anything from the very first day that i found out of their marriage. i was just quiet and even assisted him during the time that he said he was sick and had no money.
but now, i want to be sure that he will not get my baby from me, and they will both stop harassing me...
i am even afraid for my life and my baby's life because he said before that he wants my baby dead. he also wants me out of his life and they have syndicate they can hire for 3K only to kill people.
i hope you can give me advice on my rights and for our security.
thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: help: woman and child's right on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:33 pm

lOst_StuDent

Prision Correccional
You should file a case for economic, psychological and other abuses against your husband. This is really the biggest mistake the phil gov't did; to have a separate law to govern muslims. Please visit this site faithfreedom.org. Perhaps you can find comfort in reading some stories of women having the same problem as yours.

View user profile

3 Re: help: woman and child's right on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:01 pm

mom&childrights

Arresto Menor
thank you. i will visit that site. God bless.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum