Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HELP PLEASE ASAP... on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:57 am


Arresto Menor
I was hired as a freelance teacher in an online teaching company last Sept 2010. I signed a contract of 15 months. I also signed a paper that says I have to pay P40,000 for any breach of contract. I'm planning to resign next month. I have decided to stay in my hometown for good and to be with my baby. I'm a single mom and I only see her on the weekends.
Is there any best way to tell my employer that I'm resigning? Will they sue me to court and ask me to pay P40,000? Please help me. Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: HELP PLEASE ASAP... on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 am


you have to file 30 day notice before your resignation can be effective. a shorter period is possible but the employer has to agree also.

i recommend you talk to your employer. can they sue, yes. will they, we can only speculate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum