Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

rights and financial support as the legal wife and to their only child.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
im 37 years old, single, living in my grandparents ancestral house, with my 2 other siblings, both single, and 2 nephews and sister in law. my other brother, bernard, had a lived in partner, thelma,living together in our house for nine years, with their only child,who is now 8 years old and thelma's other 2 children, from 1st lived in partner,now 15 and 14 years old. the problem started when bernard worked in riyadh, saudi arabia on sept 2008. he is earning, 40 thousand pesos monthly and sending 20 thousand pesos monthly to thelma. on nov 2009, he went home for a vacation and on dec 9, 2009, bernard and thelma got married on civil wedding rites. on dec 10, 2009, he returned to saudi arabia. one week after, thelma cried on me because bernard is askin her for a separation because he already had other woman in saudi arabia and he wants to marry that woman. i witnessed how hurt and miserable my sister's in law 's life since then. she cried every night and had arguments with bernard every night and day through on line and over phone conversations. since then, bernard sending thelma 12 thousand pesos, then 10 thousand pesos and now 5 thousand pesos only. and he is sending the money thru my brother ronald and instructed that the half of 5 thousand will be given to my sister jocelyn for the needs of bernard and thelma's only child and the other half to thelma. my sister in law, who is also working and earning 250 pesos only on daily basis. she only started working for almost a year now. kindly give me some legal advice on how could i help thelma to her rights as a legal wife and to demand the right and just financial support, from her husband, as a legal wife and to their child. hope you could help me and i would appreciate it so much. thank you so much.

View user profile


thelma can file a criminal complaint for economic abuse and psycho violence for repeated marital infidelity under ra 9262

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum