Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Names problem.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Names problem. on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 am


Arresto Menor
Hi all! I'm glad that I've found a site like this.

Following the birth certificate issued by my mom. Her name is not supposed to be as it is. Let's say her NSO birth certificate name is Marilyn and her birthday is October 21, 1970.

I am now applying for PRC for my licensure examination and my birth certificate says that my mother's name is MARLYN not MARILYN.

All of her other documents (marriage certificate etc) uses the name MARLYN and her incorrect birth date. Will those documents (marriage cert etc) be forfeited?

  1. Which one should I use?
  2. Is it possible to legally change my mother's name in my birth certificate as in accordance to her birth certificate?
I appreciate any responses. Thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: Names problem. on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:31 pm


for that you can file an administrative petition petition to correct the typo on your birth certificate under ra 9048. you should inquire with the local registrar where your certificate was filed.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum