Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP: please enlighten me on this matter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HELP: please enlighten me on this matter on Mon May 02, 2011 1:12 pm


Arresto Menor
I have been paying for a property that my family considers our ancestral home as we have been residing there to almost 30 years. In March 2010 I got married to a man who has children from his past relationships. Both children do not live with us, but they carry my husband's surname. We do not have a child of our own yet.

Meanwhile, the landowner of the property has given me until November 2011 to complete the remaining installments for it before he transfers the title to me. Honestly, I don't want my husband to have any right to that property as it has been my family's home for almost 3 years. Moreover, the money that I will use to pay for it came from my savings when i was still single, and the money that I will use to pay the remaining installments will come from my own income.

Please therefore enlighten me on the following:
1. Can I still use my maiden name on the title of the lot?
2. If this is not possible, what can i do to exclude my husband from having any rights to the property?
3. My father died in 2008. Can i have my mother's name in the title?
4. If I have to use my married name, up to what extent would the rights of my husband be to the said property? Also, would his children from his past relationships have a right to the property?

Thank You in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: HELP: please enlighten me on this matter on Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am


all those schemes will make still make it conjugal property.

what you can do is to name it to your mom, and later your mom donates it to you, then it will be your separate property.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum