Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP: please enlighten me on this matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HELP: please enlighten me on this matter on Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Arresto Menor
In a few years, I will retire and plan to go back home to Philippines after more than 27 years here in Canada. I want to buy a piece of property in the Philippines for use as my residence when I retire. I also intend to acquire a farm in the country.

Being a dual citizenship holder in Canada since 2006:
1. Are there restrictions to my acquisition of properties in the Philippines?
2. If I am going to bring home to the Philippines my car, furniture and other personal belongings, what are the possible taxes due?
3. Are there any tax exemptions?

View user profile

2 Re: HELP: please enlighten me on this matter on Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

1) none
2) most personal belongings are not taxed. you will have to consult a customs broker. as for the car, it should be registered in your name.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum