Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

deed of sale for a car

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 deed of sale for a car on Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 am

yakiks

Arresto Menor
hello everyone, i need help. three years ago i sold my car, and the buyer and me (after payment) signed the absolute deed of sale. i took one of this and he took the rest of the copies and promised me another copy as soon as this will be notarized. up to this time, i have not received my original copy but based on the xerox copy they have lately provided me, the deed of sale was really notarized.

then just recently i have heard that they intend to give the unit to another relative and has asked me to sign another set of the deed of sale changing the vendee to this person's name. i told them this coud not be possible since the deed of sale i believed was already legalized (after the notarization). was i correct? can such deed of sale be corrected even after it was notarized? who can make said correction if it is possible to correct it?

they have not transfered the name to the vendee and have the unit registed with the lto still under my name.

they wanted me to execute another deed of sale because according to them to tranfer the registration from my name to the original vendee and to this other person would entail a big sum. i told them, i believe my obligation on that transaction is already finished and they should not avoid the payment of the legal process at my expense. i told them i cannot sell anything which is not mine anymore. also, considering the length of time the unit was out of my jurisdiction, i cannot be assured that nothing has happened during such time and it will be unfair on my part to take the risk as i don't know them that well. what possible moves can they execute to reduce spending much. i want to help them but i cannot really agree to their request. i hope someone can give me their views about my concern. thank you and Godbless.

View user profile

2 Re: deed of sale for a car on Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 pm

attyLLL

i would recommend you re-execute the deed of sale, and demand that they transfer the registration of the car. if that car gets into an accident, you will still be liable if it is in your name. the old deed of sale will not protect you.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum