Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigrant but still working as PG Employee

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Immigrant but still working as PG Employee on Wed May 04, 2011 1:36 pm


Arresto Menor
Dear Legal Experts,

I acquired immigrant status in Canada since July 4, 2010 under LC2 where my wife was a recipient of this program. I went there a couple of times and work there on a part-time basis, only to have something to use in my short stay.

I returned back to the Phils and continue my work as a govt employee. My problem is, I have read a provision of law (EO292) that it is illegal to work in the Phil Govt while I acquired immigrant status in another country.

I still have a year to finish before my early retirement 2012. Please advise me if I need to continue my work here or not. I have not yet waived my citizenship. Thank you very much, sir!

View user profile


Sec. 33. Policy on Change of Citizenship. - Public officers and employees owe the Senate and the Constitution allegiance at all times, and any public officer or employee who seeks to change his citizenship or acquire the status of an immigrant of another country during his tenure shall be dealt with by law.

What the law really wants to prevent is dual allegiance, not dual citizenship. as the provision states, you will be dealt with 'by law' but there doesn't seem to be any law that deals directly with this situation.

to be safe, i would recommend you continue your government work and not broadcast your canadian immigrant status too much.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum