Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No middle name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No middle name on Thu May 05, 2011 2:54 pm


Arresto Menor
I am writing to seek an advice because of my son having no middle name. First, I was not married. In his birth certificate, there was no acknowledgement from his father. The Local Civil Registrar even put "unknown" on the part where you have to put the Father's name. I did not understand why they have to put that, they've have just put N/A or left it blank.
I know this would affect all my I wonder how do I go about my son having a middle name. From his birth and until now, he just graduated from high school. Do i just leave it that way? or should my last name be as his middle name. I'm planning to get him a passport. Would that be strictly required to have some documentation? Do I still need to process this legally? I need your advise on what to do. Thank you very much. Appreciate your response to my query.
Ms. Vitz Baltero Crying or Very sad

View user profile

2 Re: No middle name on Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Ms. Baltero,

Discrepancies do happen because of some irresponsible people running the office. With your problem, you have no choice but to fix it legally. Go to the local civil registrar from where your son was registered. You can apply for correction of entries. There are several forms you need to fill out and several documentary requirements you need to submit. These documentary requirements will be used by the office to estaablish your relationship with your son.After compliance you will be scheduled for a hearing normally by the officer of the local civil registrar to validate your entires, be sure to answer it the way you filled out the forms.They would check consistency.After that the office would endorse it to the National Statisitcs Office after their office made the corrections. You will be told when to apply for an NSO copy on security paper, then you can now apply for the passport of your son. Do things one at a time and do it legally because if not you will end up having more legal problems in the future.

View user profile

3 Re: No middle name on Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm


i assume the father did not sign the birth certificate and is not interested in doing so? i'm afraid an illegitimate child who has not been authorized to use the surname of the father does not have a middle name.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: No middle name on Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm


Arresto Menor
I have the same concern.. my daughter is illigitimate and has no middle name in her birth certificate. I am going to get her a passport soon.. Normally, how long would it take for such legal action per your advice to Ms. Baltero?

If i opt not to have any legal proceeding done, can i apply for a passport of my child without a middle name?

Would appreciate your immediate reply on this query. I really need your advice. Thank you very much.

Daphne Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum