Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Title transfer timeframe

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Title transfer timeframe on Sat May 07, 2011 5:17 pm

queens

Arresto Menor
As stated in my first post, my sister has a Deed of Sale from 2008, not yet finalized, and my auntie has a Deed of Sale from way back 1996, buying my grandparents property. This has also not been finalized.My grandparents have long since past away.
How long can a Deed of Sale be valid,and why has it not been finalized in a normal transaction timeframe ??

View user profile

2 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

attyLLL

if you have an original thread, please post it there so we can see the context of your question.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 am

queens

Arresto Menor
Sorry, my question was not meant to be direct related to my other post, but more a general question of how long it should take for a sale to be finalized,,1 month,,2 month,,,if not finalized within a certain timeframe, how long will the Deed of sale be valid for,,, any valid reason for not finalizing the sale once started.Hope this helps.
Many thanks.

View user profile

4 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Mon May 16, 2011 1:13 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor
how long does it take to get a transfer of title and how long is it valid

View user profile

5 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor
my dad who is deceased owns property in the Philippines valued at about $93,000. the title is in his name. my mom's name is also on the title but they are divorced. he borrowed $5000 from my aunt 16 years ago and used the land as collateral. the land is now being sold and we want to give my aunt backher money so we can get the proceeds. she refuses and claims it belongs to her. we believe she is about to do or has already done a forged transfer of title by forging my dad's signature. we know my dad never signed the title over to her. what can we do and how strong is our case

View user profile

6 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

daishonin01

Arresto Menor
my dad who is deceased owns property in the Philippines valued at about $93,000. the title is in his name. my mom's name is also on the title but they are divorced. he borrowed $5000 from my aunt 16 years ago and used the land as collateral. the land is now being sold and we want to give my aunt backher money so we can get the proceeds. she refuses and claims it belongs to her. we believe she is about to do or has already done a forged transfer of title by forging my dad's signature. we know my dad never signed the title over to her. what can we do and how strong is our case

View user profile

7 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm

attyLLL

queens, after payment, it takes about 1-2 months to transfer title.

daish, you can first check at the registry of deeds regarding the status of the title. was the mortgage annotated on the deed?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

8 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 am

daishonin01

Arresto Menor
thank you for your response. the reason i asked that question is because my grandmother willed the property to my father who is now deceased. my fathers name appears on the title but we believe his sister has forged his signature on a title transfer because she claims the property belongs to her.

View user profile

9 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 pm

attyLLL

if that is true, then your first step to get a copy of the deed at the register of deeds.

View user profile

10 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 am

queens

Arresto Menor
[quote="attyLLL"]queens, after payment, it takes about 1-2 months to transfer title.

What I would like to know is, what reason can there be for NOT finalizing the transfer after the DEED OF SALE has been issued. Why wait so long?
Many thanks.

View user profile

11 Re: Title transfer timeframe on Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 pm

attyLLL

many possibilities. payment was not made, there is an error in the document, it was not notarized, etc.

1-2 months is waiting time for the BIR and the RD to process the papers.

View user profile

12 Re: Title transfer timeframe Today at 8:19 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum