Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

us citizens overstaying

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 us citizens overstaying on Tue May 10, 2011 1:06 am


Arresto Menor
[justify]greetings Atty! ask ko lang po sana kung considered filipino citizens ang mga anak ko dito kahit born sila sa US? hindi ko po kasi sila mapaalis ngayon kasi accdg to immigration, i have to pay P440,000 para sa overstaying ng dalawang bata, filipino citizen po ako nang ipinAnganak ko sila sa US,ang tatay nila naturalized US citizen, umuwi kami dito ng mga bata 1997 pa, nag hiwalay po kasi kaming mag-asawa pero hindi pa kami divorced...
nag research din po ako, Who are Philippine citizens under the present Constitution? - Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines;2) Jus sanguinis (right of blood) which is the legal principle that, at birth, an individual acquires the nationality of his/her natural parent/s. The Philippines adheres to this principle;....... my question is - pwede ko po ba sila i-apply ng phil.passport? kaya lang ung birth certificate nila ay US,nabasa ko din pwede ipa-notarize sa US embassy? so i can get them a phil passport? what about po dual citizenship? please help Atty... gustong gusto na po nila makaalis for the September opening of classes sa States. thank you, more power and God bless po.
PS- accdg po sa isang fixer, nasa watchlist na daw po ang mga anak ko kaya i really have to settle daw po ung 440,000, pero pwede pa naman daw po bawasan ng tig-100,000 ung amount so mga 200,000 na lang daw bayaran ko. atty, wala po ako ganun kalaking pera... please help us po... thanks po ulit...

View user profile

2 Re: us citizens overstaying on Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am


the legal presumption is that they are american citizens because they entered with an american passport.

however, they are also clearly dual citizens. the best solution i've seen to this is to first process their philippine birth certificates. you should have reported them to the philippine embassy or consulate. i believe they have a process for late declaration. ask your husband to inquire. this was the process we used with our client to authenticate the US birth certificate also.

you should also inquire with the NSO about late registration.

after they have been reported and issued philippine birth certificates, you can apply for philippine passport.

don't readily believe that fixer. you can call the Bureau of Immigration directly if your children are indeed listed on the derogatory list. once you have their birth certificates and passports, you can request for lifting of the order.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 us citizens overstaying on Tue May 10, 2011 9:59 pm


Arresto Menor
ATTY, LLL, i will do that and keep you updated...thank you very very much for your help, thank you for your kindness, for giving FREE legal ADVICE... May GOD bless you always...more power!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum