Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP re support for kids

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HELP re support for kids on Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 am


Arresto Menor
My ex wife lives in the US and visits the Philippines yearly. We have 3 kids and my parents are helping me raise our kids since I cannot afford to raise them on my own. My wife does not send support financially but sends a balikbayan box for the kids once a year and sends them material stuff. Their education and all their basic needs are being shouldered by my parents.
She gets to visit the kids annually and they talk in facebook, and in Ym sometimes on the phone.

This month she visited philippines again, but to my surprise, somebody from DSWD came to our house accusing us that we are preventing the kids to see their mother.. we told them the truth and they even interviewed the kids, so they found out about the truth.

now bec of the trouble she caused, my parents no longer want to have anything to do with these kids.. they asked me to get my own place bec they no longer want to shoulder any of the expenses and be associated with my exwife.
My exwife insists that i earn more than she does, which she has no proof of, because i am just an ordinary employee, while she is a manager in a cosmetic store in US. when i demanded for financial support she said that i should cover 70% and her only 30%. i told her thru our lawyer that she needs to get one of the kids bec i cannot handle to take care of all three but she refuses to. one of our kids is american citizen and she wont have a problem bringing them with her.

what can i do so that she will give financial support? i am tired of taking care of all the three children. they have been with me since they were little. she's been away for almost 6 years already and took no part in taking care of any of these kids except when she visits once a year and sometimes once in 2 years. she stays for about a month.

i need help about what to do..and what case i can file against her.. and how can it happen when she does not reside here

View user profile

2 Re: HELP re support for kids on Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm


i told her thru our lawyer

unless you allege that your lawyer is negligent, it is better you address this question to him.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum