Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of Franchise contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Termination of Franchise contract on Wed May 18, 2011 3:54 pm

makaros

Arresto Menor
Good day Po Atty,

My Mother is a retired gov't employee in a very low position and she bought a franchise from crystal clear from her retirement benefits, before the sales was Ok but after a while the sales go down and arrived into a break even situation due to many uprising competitors in the area, we decided to terminate the franchise contract because we can no longer pay the monthly royalty fee (MRF), we send them a letter of notification that we can no longer pay the 6,000Php MRF, but they told us that if we will terminate the contract they will charge us 100,000Php for the termination of contract, I replied that we cannot pay the 6,000 php but still you are forcing us to pay tha 100,000Php, to minimize the argue I told them that we would pay you, if the sales will rise up again in other word we will pay when we are able. my question is this are we in the right decision or are we just making a big mistake...

Thank you and more power
MAKAROS

View user profile

2 Re: Termination of Franchise contract on Sat May 21, 2011 3:04 pm

attyLLL

that will all depend on what happens in the future. if the franchise earns, then it was a wise decision.

the law will not rescue you from bad business decisions.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum