Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

financial support for children

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 financial support for children on Sat May 21, 2011 2:04 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day atty. I hope you can help me with this. I am not married to the father of my child though he acknowledged our son. I was forced to leave their house (because we lived at his mother's house) with our son because he physically attacked me that was 3 months ago. We werent sure that time if i was really pregnant. Now I went to hospital and checked and its affirmative it's 4 months now. Since we left their house, he wasnt communicating and providing financial support for our son. My question is, will i be able to demand a support for our soon to come out baby? how can i do this? do we have to go through dna testing? pls help.

View user profile

2 Re: financial support for children on Sat May 21, 2011 8:46 pm


Arresto Mayor
yes, as long it can be proved that the baby is acknowledged by the father.

The filiation of legitimate or illegitimate children is established by any of the following:
(1) The record of birth appearing in the civil register or a final judgment; or
(2) An admission of legitimate filiation in a public document or a private handwritten instrument and signed by the parent concerned.

In the absence of the foregoing evidence, the legitimate filiation shall be
proved by:

(1) The open and continuous possession of the status of a legitimate child; or
(2) Any other means allowed by the Rules of Court and special laws

DNA testing is allowed

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum