Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

seeking nullity of marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 seeking nullity of marriage on Mon May 23, 2011 7:27 am

raine

Arresto Menor
I was a single mother when I met my husband abroad. He acknowledged my daughter as his legally since my daughter's biological father did not sign the birth certificate.I found out that he was previously married
only after I had our son. When I confronted him about my discovery he did not deny it but reasoned out that they were no longer together and wished to stay married to me.I encouraged him to seek annulment since I was willing to shoulder the expenses just to put everything in legal perspective.But i waited almost 10 years and I could see that everything were all lies. He was still going home to his family whenever he can make excuses while we were abroad and finally I decided to leave him 2 years ago. Now, I want to finalize the issue and file for nullity of our marriage.Need some information on how i should go about it? If you can recommend a lawyer in Iligan City/Lanao del Norte area as I have no luck browsing the internet.I would be going home 3months from now and wouldlike to start before I reach Philippines.How long does it take?I heard annulment takes years and costly.please help.

View user profile

2 Re: seeking nullity of marriage on Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Xenaella

Arresto Menor
Seeking for help regarding sa marriage ko po. I got married po but i didn't know that my husband was already married before he married me wayback 2005 (family man with 4kids). Before kami kinasal nagcheck kami sa NSO if he is single or not (means ni-require namin siya na kumuha na CENOMAR. And na meet ko parents niya and some relatives nung nasa gf/bf stage pa kami. Then suddenly after 2months namin kinasal lumabas yung babae na naghahabol at nagsasabing siya ang asawa. Hindi ko masyadong binigyan ng pansin coz nameet ko nga parents and wala naman akung nakitang records nila sa NSO. Then for the second time pumunta ulit yung babae showed a proof. Picture nila nung kinasal sila sa church and a copy of their marriage contract, thats the time na pinaamin ko husband ko. And he accepted na kinasal nga daw sila. But i guess their record wasnt forwarded sa NSO. And since our marriage is considered null and void from the start .....

1. What po ang legal process for me to be able to change my status from "married" to "single" and is it possible na mapa-cancel ang records namin sa NSO?
2. Kailangan pa po bang dumaan sa annulment process eh from the start pa lang, the marriage is already null and void?

Thank you and looking forward for your response.

View user profile

3 Re: seeking nullity of marriage on Wed May 25, 2011 10:08 am

attyLLL

raine, one good ground to annul your marriage is that it is bigamous. unfortunately, i know of no one there. it can be filed at your, or his residence.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: seeking nullity of marriage on Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 am

attyLLL

xenaella, there is no record at the nso? you really want an annulment?

you will have to file a petition in court to have your marriage declared null from the beginning due to bigamy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: seeking nullity of marriage on Wed May 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Xenaella

Arresto Menor
Atty. my husband's first marriage dont have any record in NSO. Ang lumalabas po sa NSO ay yung marriage record namin.

Pwede po bang ma annull ang marriage namin kahit diko siya kasuhan ng bigamy? At pag kinasuhan ko ba siya ng bigamy, is there a possibility na makulong siya?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum