Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seeking advise on real estate documents/vat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Seeking advise on real estate documents/vat on Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 am


Arresto Menor
Hi! i really need advise on the scenarios below.

My mother who is an ofw purchased a house and lot thru a developer last year w/ me as an SPA on a deferred payment for year.We started August w/ 50% downpayment.On the info sheet we put her status as separated since we don't know the whereabout of my father.After more than 1 month,the developer is asking us to provide legal separation documents w/c we don't have. Though we can provide their marriage cert,thy're asking for ID and signature of my father (no communication w/ him anymore).Question is:
1. Is there a way that we can just put my mother's name on the Contract to Sell (or the Title)? Any documents waiving the right of my father?

Another thing is, the developer suggested that the property just be transferred to any of the relatives.So,we signed another set of documents under my sister's name.Afterwards,they're telling us that we need to pay VAT for the transfer..Is it considered a transfer since on their part they have not even processed a single document and there's no Title yet under my mother's name? All we have are the official receipts of our monthly amortization.
I hope i can get an immediate answer.Thank you for taking time to read this.God Bless!!

View user profile


if it's vat that they are telling you to pay you can resist. but there is a point if it's cap gains tax.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum