Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child custody and support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child custody and support on Thu May 26, 2011 5:33 pm

iki_3412@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor
hi. I had a live in partner and we had a son.When he was born, he wanted the child to carry his own name so he made up a date of marriage to be placed on the birth certificate. We separated and the child is curently under his custody. I would like to get our child from him and it is ok with him but he would not like to provide any finacial support. We both have stable jobs and new partners.My question is, if I get our son from him who is already 7 years old, can he be obliged to provide financial support? If yes, what steps do I need to take?

View user profile

2 Re: child custody and support on Thu May 26, 2011 6:58 pm

attyLLL

you can send a demand letter to turn over our son otherwise you will file a case of ra 9262 against him for refusal to allow you custody.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child custody and support on Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 pm

iki_3412@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor
thank you for the quick respone regarding custody. How about the financial support? Is that also going to be covered by RA9262?

View user profile

4 Re: child custody and support on Fri May 27, 2011 5:33 pm

attyLLL

yes, if he refuses to give support, that is economic abuse under ra 9262

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum