Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Thu May 26, 2011 7:11 pm

mfs0220

Arresto Menor
Good day!My husband is an OFW and the relationship that I have with him is not really that stable. Since 2007, its been several times that we parted ways because of so many differences. Last 2009, I decided to leave our house with our 2 kids because we had an argument and he was forcing me to make love to him because he was drunk which he didn't succeed.He didn't support the kids financially during those times but after few months of having communication again thru text,he sent financial support. Then last year, when he went home to our country for a vacation,I decided to patch up things with him for the kids' sake though it was not really the typical husband & wife who love each other set-up because still, it was always the negative side that prevailed so every now & then, we would argue.Last April, he went home because his mother died, but he went home to the province without even seeing & talking to me or the kids. From the airport, he immediately went to his sister's house & from there, they left for the province.After his mother's burial, I had been rushed to the hospital for an emergency operation but still he stayed in the province without even worrying about me & the kids.Several days after I got out from the hospital, he arrived, without further explanations & again trying to force me to make love to him even just after my major operation. When he didn't succeed, he left our house without even talking to our kids and now he's denying any financial support to our kids. I just want to be separated from him & all I want from him would be his financial support for our kids. Would it be possible for me to file like a demand letter in POEA or his employer just to be sure he will be giving support to our kids especially now that school year is about to start? Hoping for your feedback. Thanks a lot!

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Fri May 27, 2011 5:32 pm

attyLLL

try to contact him first for an arrangement. if he refuses, send a demand letter to him. and then file a case of ra 9262 for economic abuse.

owwa may contact him, but not order him to give support.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child support on Fri May 27, 2011 6:45 pm

mfs0220

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the reply. I already tried to contact him to settle but he refused to give support & just told me he doesn't care even if I go to POEA, he even told our daughter not to study anymore. So my next move would be to send a demand letter and check with OWWA for my options.

View user profile

4 Re: child support on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 am

mfs0220

Arresto Menor
Would it be enough for 2 months of non-support to file RA 9262 for economic abuse? I already sent him a demand letter but he continuous to ignore it.
If in case I'll ask assistance from PAO or any group who provides free legal assistance, would I still be paying for filing fee, etc. or anything needed to file a case?

View user profile

5 Re: child support on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:14 pm

attyLLL

there are no filing fees for a case of economic abuse. if you have proof that he will not send support such as emails or texts, then you can file your case now.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: child support Today at 8:13 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum