Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Grandfather remarried

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My Grandfather remarried on Fri May 27, 2011 3:56 pm

lyn1126

Arresto Menor
My grandmother died 1995 and my grandfather remarried early 2000. Ung mga properties ng lola ko (since single until married sila) ay nasa name na po ng lolo ko now.

With this, ano po ang karapatan ng 2nd wife nya against sa mga anak ng lolo ko. Lahat po ba ng properties na nakapangalan sa lolo ko ay conjungal property nila?

Thanks in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: My Grandfather remarried on Fri May 27, 2011 6:32 pm

attyLLL

if there was no liquidation of the previous conjugal assets, their properties are considered separate.

of course, that's just on paper. you have to take action to ensure that the law is enforced.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: My Grandfather remarried on Fri May 27, 2011 6:41 pm

lyn1126

Arresto Menor
To be sure po na tama ang intindi ko, yung mga existing properties po ng lolo ko before he remarry won't be conjugal?

Nalito lang po ako kasi me mga nabasa ako sa mga thread dito na ung mga kinasal 1988 above(not so sure of the year) under new family code, will have conjugal properties po. Please enlighten me. Salamat po

View user profile

4 Re: My Grandfather remarried on Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 pm

attyLLL

Art. 130. Upon the termination of the marriage by death, the conjugal partnership property shall be liquidated in the same proceeding for the settlement of the estate of the deceased.

If no judicial settlement proceeding is instituted, the surviving spouse shall liquidate the conjugal partnership property either judicially or extra-judicially within six months from the death of the deceased spouse. If upon the lapse of the six-month period no liquidation is made, any disposition or encumbrance involving the conjugal partnership property of the terminated marriage shall be void.

Should the surviving spouse contract a subsequent marriage without compliance with the foregoing requirements, a mandatory regime of complete separation of property shall govern the property relations of the subsequent marriage.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: My Grandfather remarried on Fri May 27, 2011 7:02 pm

lyn1126

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much for the enlightenment atty. God Bless you po

View user profile

6 Re: My Grandfather remarried Today at 4:23 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum