Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violence against women and their children

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Violence against women and their children on Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Arresto Menor
Is VAWC applicable when threats where made thru phone calls and text message? I wasnt able to record our conversation but i was able to save a text message saying that he will put me to jail if i wont stop annoying them. He considered me telling the truth, annoying them. The guy said that he might kill me cause he knows where i work and the girl says "u dont know what im capable of, i can hunt you down, i dont care about you and the baby. But again these were phone conversations i dont have any record.

Thank you so much for the advise and help.

View user profile

2 Re: Violence against women and their children on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Arresto Mayor
i believe it is possible but very hard to prove

View user profile

3 Re: Violence against women and their children on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 am

Arresto Menor
as mentioned previously.. i will undergo psychological evaluation today and had referral from social welfare services on this matter so to justify the emotional dilemma im going thru. will this help at all?

View user profile

4 Re: Violence against women and their children on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 pm

yes, it will help. unfortunately, your other evidence is a bit sketchy. it's not an actionable offense to threaten someone with legal action. as for the threats of violence, difficult to prove; it will depend on how it will be presented to the prosecutor.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum