what is the best defense for a person charged with bigamy?
Bigamy (probation) ??
5 Re: Bigamy (probation) ?? on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am
Art. 2. No marriage shall be valid, unless these essential requisites are present:
(1) Legal capacity of the contracting parties who must be a male and a female; and
(2) Consent freely given in the presence of the solemnizing officer. (53a)
Art. 3. The formal requisites of marriage are:
(1) Authority of the solemnizing officer;
(2) A valid marriage license except in the cases provided for in Chapter 2 of this Title; and
(3) A marriage ceremony which takes place with the appearance of the contracting parties before the solemnizing officer and their personal declaration that they take each other as husband and wife in the presence of not less than two witnesses of legal age
in the case of bigamy, the elements are 1.) the offender is legally married 2.) the marriage has not been legally dissolved 3.) contracts a second or subsequent marriage 4.) the subsequent marriage has all the essential requisites for validity
7 Re: Bigamy (probation) ?? on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 am
rollie002 wrote:the best defense bigamy is prove that the 2nd marriage is not valid
tama ba eto? pag may copy ka dalawa marriage contract..maari na ma convict d ba??
valid din yun 2nd marriage until declare null and void by court , right? mag asawa kayo kasi ginawa nyo yung act of marriage na take ng vows at sign ng contract, So whether pangalawa asawa o una..mag asawa kayo unless pa declare ng isa null and void o ipa annul ng isa in case of the first wife,, right?
8 Re: Bigamy (probation) ?? on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 am
depende kasi yan kung parehong sa Pinas ikinasal ang na accused! pero kung sa ibang bansa hindi madaling maakusahan dahil labas ng Philippines jurisdiction! pero kung sa Pilipinas abit ka dyan!
11 Re: Bigamy (probation) ?? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 am
haunt wrote:technically ..kasi may copy daw pareho sa NSO and yung una sa consulate daw sa abroad pero considered Phil.territory ang consulate d ba?..then second sa Pilipinas na daw po..salamat sa reply po...
14 Re: Bigamy (probation) ?? Today at 2:06 am
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum