Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 pm

amalthea

Arresto Menor
My husband is a US Immigrant and been there for about 8 years now.We are married here in the Philippines and we have 3 children. For the past years, we have problems with regards to his financial support for us. He could not send us his obligation regularly/monthly because according to him, he has to pay for a lot of things there, etc.. We haven't been in good terms for sometime now, so I already told him that we will go on separate ways. Much as I wanted to file an annulment, I dont have the means to do it, so I just want us to have a certain agreement about our separation. Now, my main concern are my childrens welfare. I want to ask if I can send him a demand letter for support so that he will really do his obligation regularly? I just want to let him realize that I am serious with all these matters regarding my childrens sake. Lately, he has been avoiding me by not answering my calls. And I am so confused what to do next. Need advice. Thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 am

attyLLL

does he vacation here?

you can send him a demand letter. it will show you are serious, but he might just ignore it also.

from here, all you can do is file a case for economic abuse under ra 9262, but it will be later archived if he is not here.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child support on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:16 pm

amalthea

Arresto Menor
that's basically one of my dilemma, he doesn't want to come home to us. I have already sent him a demand letter, still waiting for any response from him. I would like to ask if there is a possibility if I can contact his employers there where he is working, and probably discuss the problem with them and ask for their assistance regarding the matter. Would you think it will do any good? Thanks...

View user profile

4 Re: child support on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 pm

attyLLL

it's not the kind of remedy that a lawyer would use. it will surely embarrass him, but no guarantee it will have effect.

you can phrase it that you are inquiring whether the company has a morality clause in their handbook.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: child support on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am

amalthea

Arresto Menor
you mean I can still contact his employers and inquire about the morality clause of the company in relation to my problem? is their a guarantee that they would entertain my inquiry?
i also would like to ask how much child support can i demand from him, we have 3 kids who all goes to school. from what i know, it should be based on the needs of each one. is there a computation for it based on his earnings or it will just vary from what we would agreed upon?

View user profile

6 Re: child support on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:45 am

attyLLL

you have to make an honest computation of the needs of the children and deduct how much you are able to contribute. you can use as models the computations used by Australia and other countries. you can find them on the net.

i have to caution that writing to his employer is a tactic used by some people, but as a lawyer, I cannot endorse it. you will have to decide on your own. if you do, i caution that you should write it in such a way that the concern is his violation of company rules, not just to embarrass him.

View user profile

7 Re: child support on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 pm

amalthea

Arresto Menor
thanks for your advices...truthfully, I really don't want to go into that extreme option of talking to his employers. I still have that respect for him out of the years we have been together and obcourse because of our children. I just really want him to cooperate with me with regards to his obligation to his children.
Another question, how can I contribute to the financial needs of my children when I am not employed right now. I've been a housewife all the time he has been there, it was our agreement then.

View user profile

8 Re: child support on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 pm

alma samin

Arresto Menor
my husband went to brazil last dec 2010 and found out got married in brazil how does it happened he able to got married there now hes back here in the philippines found out in his employer the brazilian is the declared wife what can i do about it is there a way to null their marriages in brazil the employer told me that his status is waiting to be a brazilian nationals.hes working in an international shipping company as cabin steward all i know he went to brazil to apply directly to that shipping comapany

View user profile

9 Re: child support on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 pm

attyLLL

you can check at the NSO whether he reported it at the philippine embassy. you can also write to our embassy there.

View user profile

10 Re: child support on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

amalthea

Arresto Menor
I was adviced by my cousin living in the US to file for a child & spouse support in the US Embassy here in the country. I want to ask if this is possible? Is there an international child support enforcement law here in our country? I reserched and found out that the US doesnt have a reciprocity with our country to collect child support. What can I do to forego with my plan to file a case of support? What are my best option for this?
I also would like to know if it would help much to my case if I hire an immigration lawyer. How much does it cost to hire one?

View user profile

11 Re: child support on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 pm

attyLLL

unfortunately, there is no international child support law. the only way i can think of is for you to get legal representation in the US to sue him for support. there may be a us based ngo or advocacy group that you can find to help you

View user profile

12 Re: child support on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm

raider

Arresto Menor
gud pm.. If I will have the cutody order of my child and my ex wife doesnt want to give the child.. Pag nsa kin n po ung custody order n kung ndi po ako nabgay ng sustento pwde p b nya q habulin sa POEA to file RA 9262 against me.Becoz Im planning to take these to the court before ako sumampa uli ng barko. Para po maiwasan ung problema while onboard.

View user profile

13 Re: child support Today at 11:35 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum