Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Want to get married

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Want to get married on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Arresto Menor
Greetings Atty;

My husband and I were living together for almost 7 years, and we were planning too get married, my son is 4 years old now and my youngest was 1.5 years old. His been married and been separated to his former wife 16 years ago without any legal separation and annulment, his wife has her own family now with one son aged 16 years old. They were separated because his wife got pregnant with the other man. HIs ex-wife were living in the same barangay were we live. What are the legal action we should take for us to get married. We were planning to get a church wedding if possible.

View user profile

2 Re: Want to get married on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Arresto Mayor
from the facts you stated, it seems that the husband and his ex wife were separated de facto or separated in fact. It is only a ground for legal separation, the concealment of pregnancy of the ex wife is a ground for annulment. However, the filing of petition for annulment is already prescribed. Unless you have declared the first marriage void, you will not be able to get married otherwise, it will amount to bigamy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum