Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annullment and Settlements

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annullment and Settlements on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:27 pm

crouchdash

Arresto Menor
Hi,
My brother got married 11 years ago knowing that his girlfriend is separated but is previously married. After five years his wife's former marriage was annulled. Their relationship has gone sour and now he wants his marriage to be annulled as well.

Can their marriage be considered as void since the girl is still married when they got married?
Will he still need to file annullment?

HOw about their assets and liabilities (house, car, etc.)?

Thanks in advance

View user profile

2 Re: Annullment and Settlements on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 am

attyLLL

i recommend that he files a petition for declaration for nullity so as to settle all matters including the properties.

note though that if it is proven that he knew that his wife was already married, he can be liable as an accomplice to bigamy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Annullment and Settlements on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am

crouchdash

Arresto Menor
I learned that he didn't know that she was married until they were. It was a birthday request that he obliged.

View user profile

4 Re: Annullment and Settlements Today at 10:45 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum