Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I badly need your advice. Im turning 25 years old already but I don't have a registered birth certificate yet. Since grade school until now, I have been using an unregistered birth certificate with my dad's last name. My parents are not married so we need my dad to sign it, however, he is dead already. Now I need to have my birth certificate registred since Im planning to get married soon and to go abroad. what can I do? all my documents are under my dad's last name. if it is not possible to use his last name at all, can i change my last name to my mom's instead, if so, how can I do it?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.



View user profile


Prision Correccional
do you have any proof that will inform the civil registrar that you are the daughter of the deceased person whom you claimed to be your dad, like any letter from your dad acknowledging paternity, or affidavits? If you have some evidence of paternity, then you may try to register your birth certificate with the civil registrar using your dad's surname. HOWEVER, if you find it difficult to prove your paternity, then just register your birth certificate using your mother's surname, and then change all your school and office records to conform with your new surname.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply to my query. Another question, in case I just have to use the surname of my mother, what documents do I need to make it possible. Also, in changing my school records and other important documents such as sss, etc I need an affidavit from the court with regards to my change in last name, right? What are the possible documents that the court would need from me? Thanks in advance!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum