Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rental & Deposit Increases

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rental & Deposit Increases on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

francine214

Arresto Menor
I am currently renting an apartment in Metro Manila. I have a lease contract that will expire at the end of this month. However, I received a call from my landlord, that he would implement a 500-peso increase from my monthly rental, as soon as the leased agreement expires at the end of this month. (My current rental fee is 4,300/month) Apart from that, he told me that the deposit I made last 2008 should have an increase of 500-pesos as well.

I would like to know if that is legal? Because I have read the rental law of 2009, and if I remembered right, landlords are only allowed to increase monthly rental of not more than 7%? Especially if the same tenant is renting the apartment? Further, I do not remember the same law indicating the legality of the increase on the deposits previously made?

The landlord only visited the place once since I moved in. And, it is only because I refused to send a bank payment unless he sends me a contract of lease. All payments I have had for the monthly rental are made thru a bank. I have kept and filed all the bank receipts, the generic acknowledgement payments the landlord issued, and the contract of lease from 2008 till present.

I sincerely hope you could provide me a sound legal advise. I have read most of your responses to other people. And, is truly glad that there is a forum and people like you who would find time to address legal matters as such.

Thanks again and more power!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum