Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Query on BP220

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Query on BP220 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm


Arresto Menor
I would like to post a query regarding BP 220 IRR.
This is with reference to section 9 of rule III of the revised IRR of BP 220 which govern the Development of Socialized and Economic Housing projects in the Philippines.The law it self sets limitations to be complied with as its standards prior to the approval of any development project.
Among the City's responsive measure in order to attain such goal is the procedural aspect of the approval of proposed residential houses of average and low-income earners under section 9 Rule III of the same Law which is quoted hereto as follows:


Individual lot owners who are average and low income earners as define under BP220 may construct their individual residential houses in the manner provided by these rules, provided that:


2. The proposed building plans are submitted toi the City/Municipal Engineer for approval."

It is said that under par. 2 of section 9, the proposed building plans are supposed to be submitted to the City/ Municipal engineer for approval, Hence, Individual lot owners as defined under BP220 prior to the construction of their residential houses shall secure the approval/permit from the Office of the City Engineer following the submission of proposed building plans prior to the construction.

In addition, the HLURB has devolved its functions to the LGU in approving subdivision development plans pursuant to EO 71 and 72. Also, it is said in EO 90 section 1 par. c.” Human Settlements Regulatory Commission The Human Settlements Regulatory Commission; renamed as the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board, shall be the sole regulatory body for housing and land development. It is charged with encouraging greater private sector participation in low-cost housing through liberalization of development standards, simplification of regulations and decentralization of approvals for permits and licenses.”

The City Mayor assigns the City Planning Office to regulate, evaluate and monitor all subdivision developments.

Is it right that the land developer seeks or secure its building permit to the City Engineer and Development Permit to the City Planning and Development Office despite of what EO 90 is stating regarding decentralization of approvals of permit?

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum