Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Dispute

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Property Dispute on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 pm

ur_milkshake

Arresto Menor
Good day,

We are currently leaving in a house owned by my dead
grandmother. Now, her two living daughters want to sell
the house. As illegitimate children of their
brother, who is my father, what rights do we have to
stop them from selling the property. Both of them
happened to have their inheritance from my grandmother
already and they sold them. Now they would like to
sell the lone property of my lola. What can we do
and what are our rights under the law?

Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: Property Dispute on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 pm

attyLLL

is your father still alive? are the sisters also illegitimate?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Property Dispute on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 am

ur_milkshake

Arresto Menor
My father is already dead. My 2 aunts are the only ones alive among all the children of my grandmother.They are both legitimate children of my "lola".

I, together with my other brother and sister are illegitimate.

View user profile

4 Re: Property Dispute on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm

cj121

Arresto Menor
Attorney, back in 1988, my mother handed money to my brother in law to pay for a certain property. With full trust, my mother didn't bother asking for the receipt since my inlaw told her that he will be keeping the receipt (issued by the baranggay) for her. Recently, i've heard a news that my inlaw torn down the house in that property and this time he claimed that this property was his. When i asked for the receipt, it showed his name on it. my mother died three years ago, attorney. as far as i know, this property is my mother's that she even told me to build a house in it. the person who signed as a witness in this baranggay issued receipt is willing to testify that the money belonged to my mother and that she just asked my brother in law to pay for it. Just an additional information, my brother in law does not have the capacity to pay for this. I would like to ask for an advice from you Attorney on what I should do to resolve this. Thank you so much.

View user profile

5 Re: Property Dispute on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 pm

attyLLL

milkshake, did your father sign your birth certificates and who died first, your father or grandmother?

if grandmother, then your father inherited a part of the house, and when he died, you also inherited.

if he died before the grandmother, you inherited nothing.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Property Dispute on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

attyLLL

cj, a receipt is one thing. how about the deed of sale on the property? is this titled?

View user profile

7 Re: Property Dispute on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 am

ur_milkshake

Arresto Menor
attyLLL,

My father signed my birth certificate and the rest of my siblings. He died after my grandmother died.
Regarding my cousins who are very aggressive in selling our grandmother's property. Their father died before my grandmother,will they get inheritance? or will they get their father's share with the money from the property being sold?

View user profile

8 Re: Property Dispute on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 pm

attyLLL

if the cousins are illegit, they have no right. if they are legitimate, they can represent their father and inherit.

you have right because your father owned in his own right and he is merely transmitting his ownership to his heirs.

View user profile

9 Re: Property Dispute on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 am

freda39

Arresto Menor
hi attorney,
My chinese grandparents passed away left several properties and businesses in the corporation to 10 siblings. 3 also passed away ahead of the parents which includes my father. my father has 30%shares(highest among siblings) in the corporation when still living.After the death of both grandparents, my uncles decided to put my mother in replace of my father but at a lower share. But unfortunately, she is not getting any share of income from the business for the past 10 yrs. we confronted those relatives and told us we dont deserve any shares coz my dad is not around anymore. Do we children has the right to fight back regarding the issue?

View user profile

10 Re: Property Dispute on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 pm

attyLLL

if this is a corporation, the shares of your father should have been transferred to your mother and the children.was his estate settled?

View user profile

11 Re: Property Dispute on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:55 pm

cj121

Arresto Menor
attyLLL,
there was no deed of sale. just an acknowledgement that the owner received the money from my inlaw as payment for the said property. tbut here's the case. this titled lot was originally owned by "A" and he sold part of it to "B". it was "B" who sold this property to my mother. now, my inlaw planned to have this one titled under his name but "A" said that he won't clear this one out unless things have been resolved since "A" knows that the real owner of the money paid to "B" was my mother. "A" holds the mother title. I'd like to know what we should do with this. Thanks.

Last edited by cj121 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)

View user profile

12 Re: Property Dispute on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:57 pm

freda39

Arresto Menor
AttyLL, it is a corporation. the share was transferred to my mom but was reduce to10%.estate was settled.I requested fr the corp to issue us financial statement through a lawyer but the more they got mad and refused to respond. what will be my next step?

View user profile

13 Re: Property Dispute Today at 11:44 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum