Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Insurance Claim

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Car Insurance Claim on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 am

amabel

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.,

My sister had a car accident nov of last year. Based on the Police Report my sister is at fault. Our car then do not have a car insurance.But the owner of the Getz car she bumped into has an insurance. At first the owner of Getz is denying that she has one. We are trying to negotiate by advising them that we can only pay for a trusted talyer and not in Casa. They have requested for a quotation in Casa and it will cost us 100k plus. Di po kami nag agree and we are trying to negotiate to pay at max 40k on the damage. Pero di po nila tinanggap until they stopped communicating with us. Just a week ago, my sister received a letter from their car insurance asking us to pay 77k in 5 days.
Can you please advise po what is the better way to deal with this situation?

Regards,
Amabel

View user profile

2 Re: Car Insurance Claim on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:03 pm

attyLLL

you can negotiate with the car insurance how to settle the matter. they can file a collection case against your sister.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Car Insurance Claim on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm

jvk1091

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.,
Our situation is similar to the case Ms. Amabel related. My son was involved in a vehicular accident and he admitted that it was his fault. The Police Report stated that "driver of V2 (my son) admitted that he accidentally hit and bumped V1." V1 is covered by a comprehensive insurance whereas our car is not. I do not know yet how much the repair of V1 would cost. I interceded in the negotiation on behalf of my son and the owner of V1 and I agreed that he would just file a claim with his insurance company but I shall pay him for the "participation fee" plus all costs that he may incur (like transportation expense) while his car is being repaired in the Casa.
My questions are:
1) After paying him the participation fee, may his insurance company still demand payment from me for the actual cost of repairs (less the participation fee)?
2) If yes, what can I do so that the insurance company would not have a right to collect from me.
3) Would a "Quit Claim" and/or "Affidavit of Desistance" signed by the insured (owner of V1) be enough to free me from any liability to his insurance company?
Really need your advice regarding this case.

Regards,
Jimmy

View user profile

4 Re: Car Insurance Claim Today at 11:20 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum