Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support penalties

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child support penalties on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 pm

bmendoza

Arresto Menor
Good Afternoon, I just wanted to ask I have a 7 yr old kid but the mom and i were never married we separated when my kid was just 1 yr old. the kid stays with her and i provide all the school needs like baon, projects etc.that has always been the set up ever since. i just lost my job now the my ex girlfriend is demanding me to pay for my child's everyday food and yaya and she's threatening me that if i don't give her what she want's she'll sue me. my question is does she have the right to sue me even if im giving her financial support for our child's education. at my status right now i can only afford school expense as i do not have a stable income at the moment. is that already considered a criminal offense?

Thank you so much in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Child support penalties on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you prepare your defense by documenting your income, and proof that your are actively trying to find a new job. and importantly, document what you've given, and try to give whatever you can with proof that you are giving. write to her a letter explaining your situation, and that you will resume giving support once you find a new job.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Child support penalties on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 pm

bmendoza

Arresto Menor
thank you so much for your reply attorney, i would just like to clarify i won't be in jail if she tries to sue me at my current situation. As long as i am able to gibe what i can at the moment.

View user profile

4 Re: Child support penalties on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:49 pm

attyLLL

she needs to file a case first, and those documents will be part of your defense.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Child support penalties Today at 8:16 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum