Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need advice on divorce

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 need advice on divorce on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 am


Arresto Menor
I was married to a foreign citizen in the Philippines back in 1997. We moved to the US and still live here. I filed for divorce (I was the petitioner) and it was granted on 2003. On 2004 I obtained my foreign naturalization so I am no longer a Filipino citizen since then. My ex-husband has also remarried and we have had no contact since the divorce. Does Philippine law accept this divorce or do I still need to file for annulment? Please help! Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: need advice on divorce on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm


i'm afraid it is not possible for Philippine law to recognize your divorce because you were still a Filipino when you filed your petition.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum