Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qualified Theft

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Qualified Theft on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 am

anjmorales

Arresto Menor
Good Morning. My boyfriend works as an Audit manager at a Cooperative. Last 2008, they made an under the table arrangement with a BIR mediator to lessen their taxes. One of their Board of Directors have bitter feelings at their Coop since he didn't win in their election. So, he filed a case against them for qualified theft. He is questioning where the 'suhol' to the BIR mediator went even though they booked it as professional fee. My boyfriend, during that time was just a Bookkeeper. He was just following orders from his bosses as to where the money will go and he was dragged into this issue. He pointed in his affidavit that he was 'following orders' from his immediate supervisors. Furthermore, their lawyer told them that in worst-case-scenario, they will pin point him and his supervisor because they were the ones who accompanied the BIR mediator to encash the check.
Although the check was actually signed by the BIR mediator and not by my boyfriend. What are the rights of my boyfriend in case this event may come? The case is now at the Fiscal's office and hasn't been decided yet if there is enough evidence to further go on with the case. It's been 3 years already and my boyfriend couldn't get an NBI clearance because of the case. His PRC ID as a CPA will expire next year. What are the possibilities that this case will go on? Does this case have a chance to be dissolved? What are the possible sanctions to him if this case will pursue?

View user profile

2 Re: Qualified Theft on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:39 pm

attyLLL

how do you know that he is unable to get an nbi clearance? has he tried?

whether the case will prosper depends on what evidence is presented.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum