Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reason for Affidavit of Desistance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Reason for Affidavit of Desistance on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

sanjuan

Arresto Menor
I filed a case of qualified theft against my housemaid some months ago. The maid is now in jail. Her family has begged me to withdraw the case. I feel sorry for the family and no longer want to pursue the case. What are my options? Can I execute an affidavit of desistance and state that I am no longer interested in pursuing the case due to humanitarian reasons?

View user profile

2 Re: Reason for Affidavit of Desistance on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:08 pm

attyLLL

it will depend on the prosecutor if they will accept that reason. you have to attest to it in front of the prosecutor and the judge. normally, the reason stated in affidavit of desistance is a mistake.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Reason for Affidavit of Desistance on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:26 am

sanjuan

Arresto Menor
Atty, I was told by the investigator that if I, the complainant, choose not to appear in court for 3 times, the case of qualified theft against the househelp shall be dismissed. That is another option to consider, however, I am worried about the legal repercussion against me, if any. Can the judge order a warrant for my arrest for not showing up in court? Thank you for the quick reply which is very much appreciated.

View user profile

4 Re: Reason for Affidavit of Desistance on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:14 am

attyLLL

it is possible that the case will be dismissed for failure to prosecute. was a subpoena issued to you? the prosecutor will have one issued if you don't appear, and failure to appear can lead to arrest to compel you to appear. though that is rarely enforced.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Reason for Affidavit of Desistance on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:14 pm

sanjuan

Arresto Menor
So glad to have a forum like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. More power!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum