Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My brother was mislead by his lawyer to lent someone he does not personally know or met.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
More than 10 years ago, my brother was influence by his Lawyer to lent out P 700,000 to someone using him as conduit or go between. My brother gave the money to his lawyer and not directly to the borrower. The in return, the borrower committed as collateral, a TCT of another person who executed an SPA in favor of the borrower.

The borrower issued a check in favor of my brother. Now, my brother was able to encash several checks, then, the rest of the checks bounced.

I made a background check on the SPA, and it was notarized in the Law Office of my brother's lawyer by another lawyer in their office.

I went and located the son of the Lot owner, and he said that the SPA was fake because it was not his father's signature. Besides, his father died long ago before the SPA was made. As the saying goes "Dead men can not make an SPA.

I am planning to file an administrative case against my brother's lawyer and his associate who notarized the SPA considering that the person involve was dead long before.

Can I have my brother execute a SPA for me to go after his lawyers? And also, is there an expiration on complaints against administrative case committed by lawyers.

Where shall I file my complaint, in the Supreme Court?

View user profile


yes, your brother can issue an SPA so you can represent him, but he should execute his own affidavit also. it should be filed at the IBP

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
My brother was cheated by his lawyer who induce him to lent P700,000 to someone he has not met. The Lawyer was the go between my brother, the lendor, and the borrower which he never met. Anyway, as as collateral, the borrower issued several checks, and also a Special Power of Atty. to a land which belongs to another party. It turned out that the SPA is fake because the owner of the land was already dead years before. And the signature in the SPA was according to the son was different. Also, the notarization of the SPA was signed by another lawyer within the law office of the lawyer that fooled my brother. This happened almost 25 years ago. Can the complaint against the lawyer and his cohort, the lawyer in his law office who notarized a spurious SPA be held accountable in spite of the lenght of time that passes, 25 years? Can my brother demand moral damages against the lawyer who fooled him in civil court inspite of the time?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum