Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using father's surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Using father's surname on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm


Arresto Menor
I gave birth to a girl who is now 2 years of age, She is currently using my surname and has no middle name, and no father was indicated on her birth certificate, because we were having problems that time.

Now, after two years we are now ok, and finally got married. I just wanted to ask what can we do to change my daughter's surname from my maiden's surname to her Father's surname? what are the process ?Thank You

View user profile

2 Re: Using father's surname on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm


the process is called legitimation. you will have to file a copy of your marriage certificate and whatever other docs are required at the civil register where the the child's birth certificate was filed. it will be marked legitimated.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum