Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advise on Proceeding with Nullity of Marriage Case Filed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day attorney.
I just want to seek advice on how to proceed with the declaration of nullity of marriage I filed in Manila RTC (no marriage license ground). The hearing was scheduled last June 16 but I was not able to attend due to schedule constraints on my work. My attorney said it's okay if I won't attend coz he can just represent me but according to him, he was late that day, so the case was dismissed. My attorney said we're going to file for a motion for reconsideration but I don't know what happened up to now. The notice of dismissal was dated June 21 but was actually received July 18.Can we still file for MR?

I'm having problems communicating with my attorney, honestly. I don't know if he's serious with the case because it's taking so long. Filed this for a year now and the ball has just started rolling last April 2011 because of several reasons.and then now, I was really surprised to find out it was dismissed. Is it allowed to change lawyers that will take care of the case?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much.

View user profile
the lawyer-client relationship can be severed by the latter with or without case.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
good evening po. i was confused re: my marriage certificate. ang nakalagay po kasing date ng kasal nmin ay May 2,1994 pero kinasal po kmi ng april25,1994. wala po kming license basta nagpunta na lang po kmi sa manila city hall then nagbayad then kinasal. ang tanong ko lang po pwede po ba akong magfile na null and void ang kasal ko. 8yrs na po kaming hiwalay ng husband ko. thanks po

View user profile
the absence of marriage license can be a ground for declaration of nullity of marriage.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
dalawa po ang pangalang ginagamit ng husband ko. he did'nt know the name on his birth certificate is different from the one he was using since he was born... an attorney from the municipal hall just authenticated a sworn statement that the name on his birth cetificate and the name he was using are ONE AND THE SAME PERSON. Even when we got married he still uses the name he grew up with.. i was just wondering if this can be use for the nullity of marriage or is our marriage valid?!


View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum