Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of a wife whose American citizen husband impregnated another woman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day! I would greatly appreciate some legal advice about the problem of my close friend. Her husband is working in the US and is now an American Citizen. They were married here in the Philippines before her husband started working abroad. She is a housewife and her husband sends money to her every month. She recently discovered that for almost a year now he has been living in the US with another woman(also a Filipina) and that woman is now pregnant. Her husband stopped sending financial support to her and is threatening to file for divorce and withdraw her US immigrant visa petition.

My questions are:
1. How can she claim financial support from her American citizen husband? (she needs to buy maintenance medication for her heart ailment)
2. Can she file for a case against her husband and his mistress who is now pregnant with his child? If yes, is her husband still under the jurisdiction of the Philippine court?
3. Can her husband withdraw/stop her US visa petition? (she already passed the medical exams and interview)

Thank you and God bless.

View user profile


my recommendation is that she seeks assistance by looking for an NGO which provides legal assistance in the USA.

the husband's acts are no longer within jurisdiction of Philippine courts.

Yes, the husband can withdraw the petition, and she would have to apply on her own.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum