"Teacher may not be employed in any other position who's operations may be similar to that of ******** within one year of the termination of this contract. Unless a written request is submitted and subject to the discretion of the admin. and provided that the school transferred to s not within a 10km radius. Failure of this provision shall entitle ******* to damages for breach of contract.
This contract shall be in full force and effect from June 1, 2011 to March 2012 unless sooner terminated by either party for just cause.
Agreed salary is 9800.
Then in the back, it gives the just causes for termination by the employer.
My issues are:
1. I am not happy with the system of the school. My salary is always late.
2. One of the reasons for termination by employer is not abiding by the rules and regulations of the school -- we weren't given a formal teachers handbook. When we requested for one last week, directress said it was still being made.
3. The directress' husband sort of insulted a program I wanted to offer their preschool.
4. They gave me no paid leaves, policy daw for new teachers. I asked the old teachers (who were new last year), they said they got 6 paid leaves.
Please answer my questions:
1. If I resign, I do understand I am breaching the contract. How much are the damages? (remember, no bond was mentioned or anything about resigning)
2. Can a contract push for a teacher to not teach for a year? Isn't that kind of harsh?
3. Is the contract one-sided? (Shouldn't they mention teacher's reasons for resignation too? etc.)
4. What reason can I give for me to resign without being pursued by them? Since they are doing something wrong too...
5.Since I was given a deadline to sign the contract, can you say that I was pressured to sign it?
Hope you can answer my questions thanks!