Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freelancing in the Philippines

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Freelancing in the Philippines on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 am

thephantom

Arresto Menor
Good evening po sa lahat.

Isa po akong graduate ng Information Technology and nachachallenge sa paghahanap ng trabaho. Dahil dito naisip ko na magfreelance graphic artist na lamang.

Naisip ko pong tawagan ang DTI to clarify kung pano ba maging freelancer. They told me to register a business as a sole proprietor. Nais ko pong itanong na ito lang po ba ang paraan para maging freelancer sa Pilipinas? I asked a few international buddies at sabi nila sa US daw nagfile lang sila ng Doing Business As na form and okay na. I'm thinking na sana may similar provisions sa batas natin.

I thank you in advance for your answers.

God bless!

View user profile

2 Re: Freelancing in the Philippines on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:28 pm

attyLLL

dti registration is required if you are going to use a business name.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Freelancing in the Philippines on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:29 pm

thephantom

Arresto Menor
How about if I will only be using my name? Thanks for the reply atty. Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Freelancing in the Philippines on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 pm

attyLLL

there's no need to register at dti.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Freelancing in the Philippines on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 pm

thephantom

Arresto Menor
Thank you po. I appreciate your response. I ask ko na rin dito hopefully you can help me with it. The next step po kasi diba is to register with BIR. I asked sa kanila kung anong form ang for freelancers(I have yet to hear from them) if alam niyo po please let me know. Smile Thank you po!

View user profile

6 Re: Freelancing in the Philippines on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm

attyLLL

i'm not familiar with the forms, but your first have to apply for a TIN, then for VAT/non-vat registration, permission to print OR/CR. I recommend you attend their seminar for small biz owners. it's free

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum