Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition of Change of Name Problem

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Petition of Change of Name Problem on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 pm


Arresto Menor
Here's my case.

In 1994, i filed a petition for correction of entry on the record of birth specifically change of my first name. After publication and hearing, the court issued an order to the LCR to change the name and i was then issued a new certificate appearing the name i was publicly known.

Recently, i requested for a birth cert at the NSO but there was no annotations.I went to the LCR and they told me that they can't endorse my papers to NSO because there was no finality of judgment to my petition. I then went to the lawyer who prepared my petition and i found out that in 1994 there was an appeal filed by the Solicitor General citing that the publication was defective ( since my real & official name does not appear in the title/caption of the petition)and setting aside the decision of the court as null and void.

I believe that it was the lawyer's fault in preparing a defective petition. Moreover, i was not also informed by the lawyer that there was such an appeal from the Sol Gen since the copy was only sent to him. My questions now are:

1. Does my right to answer the appeal of the Sol Gen prescribed since it is already 17yrs past?
2. Can i file a petition for change of first name under RA 9048 considering that i have a questioned petition prior to RA 9048?

View user profile

2 Re: Petition of Change of Name Problem on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:23 pm


try to trace what happened to the appeal filed by the Sol Gen. they might have failed to file an appeal memorandum at the CA which means their appeal should be dismissed.

what is the change of name you are trying to effect?

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum