Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

my daughters surname..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 my daughters surname.. on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi ..ask ko lang po what to do, eto po ang nangyari.. dun po sa birth certificate ng anak ko , is yung surname ko, since di pa kami married ng dad nya, after 2 yrs , dn lang ako nagpakasal. then nng mag start na sya mag aral, i just presented the authenticated marriage certificate sa school nya para magamit nya yung surname ng dad nya,so pumayag yng school , i told them na on process yng sa birth cert nya..hanggang magkahiwalay na kami ng dad nya, nde ko pa rin naayos, my problem is graduate na daughter ko sa HS, hindi sya makakuha ng college entrance exam kasi nga isa sa mga requirement is birth certificate, since ang sa school records nya ay surname ng dad nya while yung sa birth cert is my surname. Could you advise me whats the best thing to do? Ano po ba ang gagamitin nya according dun sa birth certificate or sundin ko yng name accdg. school records? help me what to do? Do i need an affidavit for that? Do i need to go to the civil registry for that<. may i know what would be the requirements? Thank you very much:)

View user profile

2 Re: my daughters surname.. on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm


if you got married to the father then your child should be considered legitimated. what you should do is to file a copy of your marriage certificate with the local civil registrar where your daughter's birth certificate was registered.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum