Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marriage without license

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 marriage without license on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:37 am

jgl0325

Arresto Menor
can a marriage be valid eventhough both parties dont have marriage licenses?
what if it is registered in NSO?
the person who did the civil marriage was a reverend who is now in jail due to his license for marriage is expired. he was sued by other couples because of fake marriages.

View user profile

2 Re: marriage without license on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 am

lOst_StuDent

Prision Correccional
In general, marriage license is a requirement for the validity of marriage. However, this requirement permits exception; such as when the couple has been living together as husband and wife, with no legal impediment, for five years.

View user profile

3 Re: marriage without license on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 am

Arean

Arresto Menor
if a piece of paper called marriage license was signed by both parties, sent to the LCR and then to NSO then it is valid, regardless if the parties have the possession of the paper.

If no paper is signed, no registration in LCR and NSO, then it is an oppppssss kind of thing.

View user profile

4 Re: marriage without license on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:58 am

jgl0325

Arresto Menor
what happened was they lived together for almost 2 years. when my friend got his cenomar, it states their that he is married.
so if it is registered in NSO, it is valid, right?

View user profile

5 Re: marriage without license on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 pm

attyLLL

if you want to be strict about it, it is presumed to be valid. their marriage can be annulled only by a court.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: marriage without license Today at 2:03 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum